The following terms and conditions represent the basis upon which driving lessons and courses are offered to you by Com’Pass. Please note the contract for service is between yourself and the Com’Pass instructor. All Com’Pass instructors operates his or her own business under franchise from Com’Pass Driving School, which is a trading name for Come and Pass Ltd.
- General Conduct Com’Pass Driving instructors are bound by a professional code of conduct, this means your Com’Pass instructor will be courteous, polite, tidy and punctual. He or she will also behave in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Your instructor’s car will be well maintained, clean and tidy. All cars are fitted with dual-controls as part of their standard equipment. The cars are of course fully insured for driving tuition.
- Qualifications As a minimum your instructor will be licensed by the Driving Standards Agency (DVSA) to give driving tuition.
- Driving Licence and Eyesight The learner must hold a current, valid driving licence (provisional or full), which must be produced on or in advance of their first lesson. The learner must also check that they can read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres (i.e. 67 feet – about 5 car lengths) with glasses if normally worn.
- Payment Please note payments must be made in advance of the training.To book a course, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the course cost must be paid. The remaining balance of the course must be paid no later than a week before the start date of the course.
- Special Offers. Our special offers are introductory offers available to people with no driving experience and are one off offers, only one can be chosen at the start of learning to drive and once used, will then revert to our standard hourly rate.
- Lesson Cancellation/Postponement. The Instructor…In the event of a mechanicle breakdown or other causes, the instructor reserves the right to re-arrange lessons convenient to both parties, the instructor also reserves the right to postpone lessons if he or she feels the weather or road conditions are unsuitable and dangerous, the instructor cannot be held responsible for any cost incurred as a result of him having to postpone any lessons. The Pupil…For standard weekly lessons a minimum of 48 hours must be given to cancel / postpone a lesson, or the lesson will be charged for.
For Courses: If wishing to postpone a course, the initial deposit will only be valid when a four week notice is given prior to the original course start date. If wishing to postpone a course closer than four weeks to the initial start date, an additional 50% deposit will be required. For individual lessons within a course, cancellations will not be refunded.
- Use of the vehicle In the interests of customer and public safety your instructor reserves the right to withhold the use of a car for the test if, in their opinion, your driving is actually or potentially dangerous.The Compass Instructor will not take out a pupil if the instructor feels the pupil has been drinking/hung over or under the influence of drugs
- Pre Paid Lessons Any Pre paid lessons, courses and vouchers must be used within 12 months of purchase or all monies will be lost.
- Test cancellation Three clear working days notice of cancellation or postponement is required by the DVSA. Failure to provide the required notice will result in the loss of your test fee. Your Com’pass instructor is not responsible for any postponement or cancellation of tests by the DVSA. However, he or she will do all that is possible to arrange another test as quickly as possible and to help you to reclaim expenses from the DVSA.
- Complaints In the event of a complaint all efforts must be made to resolve the problem directly with the instructor. However, please do not let a problem linger. If you booked your course or lessons through the Compass Driving School office you may contact the person who arranged your lesson for help and advice on 01752 339922..We aim to update the Site regularly, and may change the content of the Site at any time. We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and/or the Site at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material