You should be able to complete the following manoeuvres. Parallel Park, Parking in a bay and pull up on the right-hand side.
Using reverse gear is difficult for new drivers. The car steers differently, the front wheels become, in effect, the rear ones. When you drive forward you can see the car turning when you steer. In reverse, you have to wait for the steering to take effect.
The Driving Test
The examiner on the driving test will expect you to:
- Reverse safely
- Under control
- Keeping reasonably close to the kerb
- Without mounting the kerb
- Without swinging out too wide
The examiner will also be looking to see that you:
- Check traffic and road conditions
- Look out for traffic and pedestrians
- Stop in a safe position